How to unclog your Central Vacuum
Diagnose the Vacuum Hose Clog
- Start by first visually ensuring that the attachment tools and wands are clear
- Remove all accessories and test hose only
- If suction is weak or nonexistent, try the hose at another outlet
- Disconnect the hose from the wall outlet
- Verify suction at valve outlets by opening the valve door while someone manually turns on the system
- Lastly, drop a small round object, like marble or a penny, through the hose. If clogged by doing so, you should gain a rough idea of where the clog is located.
Step-by-Step Process of Unclogging a Central Vacuum Hose
- Don’t jam or compact the clog by forcing another object through the hose
- Look inside the handle nozzle, most clogs form here
- If in the handle try gently using a hooked wire to extract the object out, also.
- Attempt to blow or suck the object in the opposite direction in which it was sucked in
- If the object will not move by sucking (another vacuum) or blowing (air compressor), use a toilet snake
- Gently feed the snake through until it makes contact with the clog. With slight pressure twist clockwise, then pull. Several attempts in this manner in combination with blowing or sucking can be successful
- If the clog won't come free, bring it to us to further assist you. In some rarer cases, the hose may need to replace.
Preventative Tips for Vacuum Hose Clogs
- Pick up large debris before vacuuming
- Vacuum what you can see: before you vacuum under the bed, make sure there aren’t socks hiding under there
- Vacuum with an attachment: attachments are narrower than the wants and wands narrower than the hose, thus a preventing clogging
- Light dense debris like shredded paper, ripped up foam, etc should be picked up as best as possible first then vacuumed slowly to ensure it isn’t all sucked into the system at once.
You can visit us at:
11110 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22030 (in Fairfax City, VA) or
300 Fort Evans Rd, Suite 104, Leesburg, VA 20176 (Town of Leesburg, VA)
#centralvacuum #whatisacentralvacuum #centralvacuumguide #centralvacuumservice #vacuumblog #cleanhome #petvacuum #mdcentral #nutone #vacumaid #shoplocal #acevacuums #titan #mdcentral #riccar #bissell #howtounclogcentralvacuum #centralvacuumsinfairfax #fairfaxcountyvacuums
- 10 May, 2022