CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM vs PORTABLE VACUUMS
CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM
Central vacuums are built-in systems hidden inside the walls of the house with a motorized unit that creates suction. The debris is collected in a container that is usually located in the basement, garage, or storage room. When you’re ready to vacuum, simply connect the long hose to a vacuum wall port which is typically located on each floor of the house.
THE PROS OF A CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM:
• More powerful than portable vacuums with 3-5 times more suction power.
• Central vacuum systems are quieter as the motorized suction unit is located away from living areas.
• No risk of dirt and debris getting blown back out of the unit, resulting in healthier indoor air quality. This is especially beneficial for those who suffer from allergies or asthma.
• No need to drag electrical cords and suction unit around with you.
THE CONS OF A CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM:
• Dealing with a long hose can become a nuisance.
• Less energy-efficient than portable vacuum cleaners.
• Can be expensive to install.
Simply put, portable vacuums are conventional vacuum cleaners that can be towed around the house. There is a wide range of options for portable vacuums, including size, type of canister, upright, stick vacs, handhelds, or more recently the robot vacuum. This makes it easy to find the right size and style of vacuum for your house. However, not all homes are suited for conventional vacuums.
THE PROS OF PORTABLE VACUUMS:
• Available at different price points, depending on the type that you choose.
• Convenient for quick cleans up.
• With new technology, conventional vacuums are ultra-portable, convenient, and can adjust to different types of flooring.
THE CONS OF PORTABLE VACUUMS:
• More frequent emptying of canister compared to a central vacuum system.
• Depending on the type of vacuum, it can be difficult to maneuver around stairs.
• Even with new technology, portable vacuums tend to be noisier.
• Though a cheaper upfront investment, portable vacuums wear down and need to be replaced over time.
When in the market for a vacuum system, whether centralized or portable, a vacuum specialist can make the best recommendation depending on your household, lifestyle, and budget.
Talk to Vacuum Specialists at Ace Vacuums today for the best in commercial, residential, and central vacuum systems.
- 24 Mar, 2022