Riccar vacuum cleaner Frequently Asked Questions
Riccar vacuum cleaner Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the list below for a quick answer to your question. If you have a question not answered below, send us a message, and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Q: How can I find a replacement owner’s manual?
A: Go to Riccar.com, and then click Download Manuals. If you’re unsure which model you own, check the rating label on your vacuum, which is usually on the bottom of your canister vacuum or on the back of your upright vacuum or heater. If you don’t see your vacuum model listed, send us a message.
Q: Where can I purchase bags, belts, filters or other accessories for my vacuum cleaner?
A: You have two ways to buy bags and other replacement items:
– Visit Acevacuums, Riccar retailer near you. Call or visit to buy what you need, and there you may be able to see the newest Riccar products, receive product demonstrations and obtain expert cleaning advice.
– Visit the Riccar online store. This website contains all the items you can purchase for your vacuum. All orders you place are filled by Riccar retailers.
Q: How might I find a replacement part that is not listed on this website?
A: We only offer new vacuum cleaners and consumable items such as bags, belts, filters and cleaning supplies on our website. For all other replacement parts please visit your local retailer who can order the part for you if they do not already have it in stock. WeAcevacuums stock an extensive selection of replacement parts to get your vacuum back up and running quickly.
Q: I have a dog that sheds a lot. What’s your best pet vacuum?
A: Riccar offers many vacuums that work well for removing pet hair, but there are a few things to remember with any vacuum that captures pet hair:
– Vacuum frequently.
– Change your vacuum bag regularly.
– Use charcoal or granulated charcoal filters when possible to help control odors.
– Check your brushroll regularly, and remove long hairs using a seam ripper or small scissors.
– Use tools with nylon bristles to lift and remove pet hair on upholstery, bedding and cars.
Our favorite vacuum for homes with pets is the Riccar Retriever (model R30PET) with two powerful motors, a granulated charcoal filter, a HEPA media bag, on-board tools, the Fur Get It fur remover tool and a one-pound sample of Riccar Dry Carpet Cleaner.
The Radiance or Brilliance uprights are also great choices. If you prefer a canister, consider the Prima power team vacuums. Visit your local Riccar retailer for a demo and to discuss your home’s flooring, types of vacuums you’re comfortable using and other special needs, such as vacuum weight and allergies, before you decide.
Q: I have the newest super soft carpet, and the installer said not all vacuums work well on it. What vacuum do you recommend?
A: Riccar Vibrance clean air vacuum models work so well that they’re recommended by Shaw Floors® for cleaning the Caress carpeting. The Vibrance vacuums feature a floating brushroll that automatically adjusts to carpet height, so it’s ideal for high pile and ultra-soft carpet fibers. Many other Riccar models will work well, too. Look for one with an ultra-high carpet height adjustment feature.
Q: My vacuum stopped working right. What do I do?
A: Your vacuum owner’s manual has a troubleshooting page, which is the best place to start. Always unplug your vacuum before examining it. Check for clogs in the hose, and check your bag, which might be full. If the brushroll isn’t turning, check the belt and replace it if necessary. If you have a Tandem Air vacuum (Radiance or Brilliance models), be sure you have TOOLS ON dial in the correct position for carpet cleaning. You should also be sure your electrical outlet is working. If all else fails, take your vacuum to the nearest Riccar retailer for repair.
Q: Are all Riccar vacuums made in the USA?
A: Except for model RHD-1T, Riccar upright vacuums are made in the USA with globally sourced components, and the Prima Tandem Air, Full Size and Compact nozzle canisters are assembled in the USA.
We do import some parts, some vacuums and most tools. Our factory where we do molding, painting, assembly and packaging is in St. James, Missouri.
Q: Do you have coupon codes or discounts for buying a vacuum online? Do you have sales?
A: We do not offer discounts for vacuums or parts sold online. However, call us or visit Acevacuums, Riccar dealer may offer discounts, special promotions, vacuum bundles or even a trade-in program. We truly support our customers’ in-store sales efforts and encourage you to buy locally, not just so you can get the vacuum that best suits you, your home and your lifestyle, but also so you leave the store with an assembled product, with any customized features installed just for you, such as natural brushstrips, and with expert guidance on how to operate and store the vacuum.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Q: What’s this Proposition 65 warning in my owner’s manual and on the vacuum box?
A: The warning is to comply with California state law and is based on the list of chemicals identified by the State of California in Proposition 65 regulations. California Proposition 65 is known as The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Even chemicals used within the limits of national regulations and found not hazardous in the quantities associated with the product may require a warning just because the chemical is present. Information about Proposition 65 is available on the website of the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) maintained by the State of California. For more information, visit their website. Riccar evaluates all chemicals associated with the products that we manufacture and complies with all regulations associated with the chemicals. All potential chemical exposures are below accepted and regulated concentrations. We provide the warning because a chemical covered by the California Proposition 65 may be present and not all listed chemicals provide exposure limit requirements. This is why we have provided the warning when a listed chemical is present.
Q: Where may I obtain parts or an owner’s manual?
A: Please visit the Riccar Owners section, and then select Owner’s Manuals. If you can’t find your manual from the list, Send us a message through “Contact Us.” Riccar no longer sells sewing machines, however please visit any reputable sewing machine repair shop near you, and they should be able to order any parts, if they’re still available, from their supplier.
Q: Where can I find parts for a Riccar microwave?
A: Riccar Japan sold microwave ovens back until the early 1990’s. They tell us all parts for this product are now obsolete.
- acevacuum, acevacuums, acevacuumsblog, advantages, afterpay, AIR PURIFIERS, aircleanproducts, airpirifier, airpollution, airpurifier, airpurifiers, allergies, allergy, allergyfree, allergymachine, allergyvacuums, alwaysclean, american, americanbuilt, annual, APPLIANCES, arearugs, austinair, austinairhelps, authorizedservicecenter, authorizedvacuumdealer, autohousekeeper, AWARDS & EVENTS, backpackvacuums, baggedvacuum, BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANERS, BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANERS, bagsvsbagless, barefloors, beam, bedroommachine, BEST SALE, best vacuum, BEST VACUUM CLEANERS IN THE MARKET, bestairpurifier, bestvacuum, bestvacuums, bestvacuumsforcarpts, betlunghealth, bettercleanyourhome, bettervacuums, beyond, bissell, bissellauthorized, bissellservice, bissellvacuums, blog, blogger, blogsforyou, botsforpets, breathebetter, breatheeasy, budgetingapp, buygoodvacuums, canavac, CANISTER VACUUMS, canisters, canistervacuum, CARPET CLEANERS, central vacuum, central vacuum repair, central vacuum service, CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM, centralvacdealer, centralvacinstall, centralvacuum, centralvacuumblog, centralvacuumguide, centralvacuuminstall, centralvacuums, centralvacuumservice, centralvacuumsfairfax, centralvacuumshop, centralvacuumsinfairfax, centralvacuumssytems, centralvacuumsystem, centralvacuumva, charcoalfilters, checkups, clea, clean, CLEAN OBSESSED, cleanair, cleancarpet, cleancarpets, cleanfloors, cleanhome, cleanhomes, cleaning101, cleaningcarpets, cleaningequipment, cleaningforyourhome, cleaninghardwood, cleaningmachine, cleaningmachines, cleaningmahcine, cleaningneed, cleaningneeds, cleaningsolution, cleaningsolutions, cleaningtime, cleaningtips, cleanir, cleanlife, cleanliving, cleanmax, cleanobsessed, cleanrooms, cleantheightway, cleanvacuum, cleanworkspace, cleanyourdyson, cleanyourvacuum, clinicaltrials, commercial, COMMERCIAL VACUUM CLEANER, commercialvacuum, commericalvacuums, cordedvacuums, CORDLESS VACUUMS, cordlessvacuum, crevice, cyclovac, dealwithdustmites, deepclean, deepcleaning, diy, donotvacuum, dosanddonts, doyourresearch, drainvac, dust, dusting, dustmites, dyson, dyson dealer, DYSON DEALER AND WARRANTY CENTER, dyson dealer fairfax, DYSON REPAIRS VIRGINIA, dyson vacuum, DYSON VACUUM CLEANERS AND PARTS, dysonrepair, dysonservice, dysonstickvac, dysonvacuum, dysonvacuums, easycleaning, easypayment, easytouse, electrolux, fair, fairfaxva, fairfaxvacuums, fightallergies, filters, finalcialwelness, floors, floorvacuum, forallergies, forcopd, foryourbusiness, foryourhome, goodhousekeeping, goodsleep, goodsuction, hardwoodflooring, healthinsurance, healthyhome, hellospring, helppay, helpsmallshops, helpwithsleep, hepa, HEPA FILTERS, hepafilteration, hepafilters, hepavacuum, hepavacuums, highqualityvacuums, homeappliance, homecaredealer, homecleaner, HOOVER VACUUM BAGS AND FILTERS, HOOVER VACUUM CLEANER WARRANTY PARTS AND SALES, hose, hospitalgrade, householdvacuums, howtmaintain, howto, howtoblog, howtoclean, howtoemptybin, howtomaintain, howtounclogcentralvacuum, howtousetools, howtovacuum, hugesavings, hygene, ICLEAN VACUUMS, immerbesser, inhousesystem, install, irobot, KENMORE VACUUM PRODUCTS, kirby, kirbyblog, kirbyrepair, kirbyservice, kirbyservicecenter, kirbyshampoo, kirbytips, kirbyvacuum, kirbyvacuums, kirbyvacuumsevice, knowlegde, learnaboutvacuums, lessmess, lesssuction, lifehacks, local miele dealer, LOCAL VACUUM STORES, localblogs, madeinamerica, madeingermany, madeinusa, maintainyourcleaner, mdcentral, miele, miele appliance, MIELE CANISTER VACUUM CLEANER, miele dealer, MIELE VACUUM CLEANER BAGS, MIELE VACUUM REPAIRS AND DEALERS, mieleboost, mielerobot, mielestickvac, mieletriflex, mieleusa, mielevacuu, mielevacuum, mielevacuums, mielevacuumserivce, milerx3scout, neat, nextgenvacuum, nova, nutone, odorfree, officecleaning, owtovacuum #vacuumsinyourhome #vacuumcarpets #vacuumsforcarpets #petvacuum, PET HAIR, petcarpepts, petfriendly, pethair, pets, petvacuum, petvacuums, pickavacuum, portable, portablevacuums, POWR-FLITE VACUUM, powrflite, preventharmfulemissions, prosandcons, prosandconsofvacuuming, proteam, reimbursement, rentalvacuums, residential, residentialvacuums, riccar, RICCAR VACUUM CLEANER BAGS AND FILTERS, RICCAR VACUUMS, riccarblog, riccarusa, riccarvacuums, ROBOTIC VACUUM CLEANERS, roboticvacuum, robots, robotvacuum, sanitaire, savetime, saveyourvacuum, sealedsystem, sebo, SEBO VACUUM CLEANERS, selfcheck, service, SEWING MACHINE, shark, SHARK VACUUM, shoplocal, shoplsmall, shopnowpaylater, shopsmal, shopsmall, shopvacuums, simplesolution, simplicity, SIMPLICITY VACUUM CLEANER, simplicityvacuums, smokemachine, sneezefree, spiffy, springseaon, stickvacuum, stongvacuum, strongsuction, strongvacuum, suction, suctionpower, SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS, supportlocal, supportlocalbusiness, supporyourlocalbusiness, supralite, system, tandemair, tandemairuprightvacuums, tech, tidyhome, tile, tips, tipsandtricks, tipstoremember, titan, tricks, triflex, unlog, upgradeyourvacuum, uprightvacuum, uprightvacuums., usa, vacuflo, vacum, vacumaid, vacupedia, vacuublog, vacuum, VACUUM BRANDS, VACUUM BUYING GUIDE, VACUUM CLEANER BAGS, VACUUM CLEANER BAGS FILTERS AND BELTS, VACUUM CLEANER BELTS, VACUUM CLEANER REPAIRS, VACUUM CLEANER STORES, VACUUM CLEANER STORES IN FAIRFAX VIRGINIA, VACUUM CLEANER TIPS, vacuumaccessories, vacuumadvice, vacuumattachments, vacuumbarefloors, vacuumblog, vacuumblogs, vacuumcleaner, vacuumcleanertips, vacuumcleaning, vacuumcons, vacuumdeals, vacuumdiy, vacuumfacts, vacuumfix, vacuumforyou, vacuumhelp, vacuuminghacks, vacuumingtips, vacuumissues, vacuumlogs, vacuummyths, vacuumparts, vacuumreapairshop, vacuumrepair, vacuumrepairs, vacuums, vacuumsafety, vacuumselection, vacuumserivce, vacuumservice, vacuumsforever, vacuumsforhome, vacuumsforpetowners, vacuumsforyou, vacuumsloution, vacuumsnearme, vacuumspros, vacuumtips, vacuumtitan, vacuumtricks, vacuumtuneup, vacuumtuneups, vacuumtypes, vacuumwiki, vacuumyourhome, valueditems, vascuumattachements, vitginiavacuums, webuitcentralvacuum, whatisacentralvacuum, wholehouse, wildfires, your, yourvacuum
- 22 Mar, 2022