Shark Vacuum Repair and Maintenance
Most common problem for your vacuum would be, loss of suction. It is because vacuum is clogged with debri.
Shark Navigator models : How do I check for blockages?
Shark Navigator® Pet Plus Upright Vacuum
- Turn off and unplug the vacuum.
- Press the release button near the top of the dust cup to open the top lid. Reach inside to ensure that no dust or pet hair is blocking the airflow through the plastic cone-shaped debris screen in the center of the dust cup.
- Detach the hose from the back of the pod and check for blockages at the connection point and in the hose. Remove blockages, if any.
- Detach the handle from the wand. Turn on the power to check the suction at the end of the handle. Remove any blockages.
- Remove the wand from the unit. Clear any blockages in the wand.
- Place the vacuum flat on the floor with the bottom of the cleaner head facing up. Locate the 3 locks on the bottom. With the edge of a coin, turn the 3 locks counterclockwise to open, then lift open the cover. Make sure to not bend the metal cord guards. Check openings for blockages.
- Clean the brushroll of any hair, dirt, and debris. Close the cover, and press down on all sides until it clicks securely into place. With the coin, turn the 3 locks clockwise to close them.
- Reassemble the vacuum, making sure each piece clicks securely into place.
If the problem persists, please contact Acevacuums at 703 997 9292 and choose your location.
What should I do if the brushroll light is red and the brushroll will not spin?
- Check to ensure the vacuum is set to the correct carpet setting. The unit has a safety feature to avoid the brushroll motor from overheating on thick carpet.
- Turn off power to the unit. Slide the suction control collar on the vacuum handle to MIN to reduce suction. Turn on the vacuum, step on the footprint icon on the cleaner head, and tilt back the vacuum handle to engage the brushroll.
- Start the vacuum and run it back and forth over the floor. Does the brushroll indicator light stay green with the brushroll spinning? If not, see “What should I do if there is no suction or low suction?”
- If the problem persists, please contact Acevacuums at 703 997 9292 and choose your location.
- Pet Power Brush: Designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery.
- Hair Removal Tool: A single convertible tool for cleaning tough pet messes two ways. First, use the rubber bristle brush for cleaning stubborn hair from carpeted areas. Then, remove the bristles to reveal an upholstery tool perfect for cleaning couches and bedding.
- Pet Multi-Tool: This 2-in-1 combination tool is designed to dust a wide variety of surfaces, pick up large piles of debris, and remove pet hair from curtains and other delicate fabrics.
- Duster Crevice Tool: Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended cleaning reach for small spaces, while the dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces.
- Pre-motor foam and felt filters: Under normal usage, rinse clean every 3 months.
- Post-motor HEPA filter: Under normal usage, rinse clean every year or as needed.
- Rinse filters with water ONLY. Let all filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling.
Between washings, tap filters clean as needed to remove excess dust and debris.
- Make sure the vacuum is unplugged.
- Remove the dust cup and pull the foam and felt filters out from the motor housing.
- Rinse filters thoroughly in cold water until the water runs clear. DO NOT place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine.
- Squeeze out excess water and let filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before replacing.
When filters are completely dry, reinstall the felt filter first, then add the foam filter on top.
- Make sure the vacuum is unplugged.
- Remove the dust cup by pressing the button on the dust cup handle
- Press down on the top of the filter door, then tilt the door and lift it out.
- Remove the HEPA filter cartridge and rinse under cold water, dirty side down, until the water runs clear.
- Allow the filter to air-dry completely for 24 hours.
- Once the HEPA filter is dry, reinstall it by inserting the bottom into the pod first, then press in the top until it clicks into place.
- To reinstall the filter door, insert the bottom into the pod first, then press in the top until it clicks into place.
- The pre-motor foam and felt filters underneath the dust cup should be cleaned once every 3 months.
- The pre-motor foam and felt filters should be rinsed with water and left to air-dry completely.
- Recommended air-drying time is 24 hours, but overnight should be fine.
- HEPA filter on the front of the unit should be cleaned once a year.
- HEPA filter cartridge should be rinsed with lukewarm water with the dirty side down until the water runs clear.
- Allow the filter to air-dry completely for 24 hours.
- Once the HEPA filter is dry, reinstall it, and then replace the cover by lining up the tabs on one side and swinging the door securely closed until it clicks into place.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front of the dust cup. The bottom lid will drop open.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Close the lid, pressing it until it clicks into place.
- If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button.
- Tap gently to remove contents and wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- Unplug the unit.
- Place the vacuum flat on the floor with the bottom of the cleaner head facing up. Use a coin to open the 3 locks and lift the cover. Check for any debris in the connection points and brushroll. Reattach the nozzle cover and lock it in place.
- Plug in the unit. Place your foot on the cleaner head and tilt the handle back to engage the brushroll. Turn on the unit.
- If the light is green and the brushroll is spinning, continue cleaning as usual. If the light is red, see “What should I do if the brushroll light is red and the brushroll will not spin?” If the brushroll indicator light is flashing red, see “What should I do if my vacuum overheats?”
What should I do if the brushroll stops spinning or spins intermittently
- Ensure the unit is plugged it and turned on.
- Select Setting II (Carpet).
- Place your foot on the cleaner head and tilt the handle back to engage the brushroll.
- Verify the color of the brushroll Indicator Light.
- If the light is green and the brushroll is spinning, continue cleaning as usual. If the light is red, see “What should I do if the brushroll light is red and the brushroll will not spin?” If the brushroll indicator light is off, see “What should I do if the brushroll light is off and the brushroll will not spin?” If the brushroll indicator light is flashing red, see “What should I do if my vacuum overheats?”
- acevacuum, acevacuums, acevacuumsblog, advantages, afterpay, AIR PURIFIERS, aircleanproducts, airpirifier, airpollution, airpurifier, airpurifiers, allergies, allergy, allergyfree, allergymachine, allergyvacuums, alwaysclean, american, americanbuilt, annual, APPLIANCES, arearugs, austinair, austinairhelps, authorizedservicecenter, authorizedvacuumdealer, autohousekeeper, AWARDS & EVENTS, backpackvacuums, baggedvacuum, BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANERS, BAGLESS VACUUM CLEANERS, bagsvsbagless, barefloors, beam, bedroommachine, BEST SALE, best vacuum, BEST VACUUM CLEANERS IN THE MARKET, bestairpurifier, bestvacuum, bestvacuums, bestvacuumsforcarpts, betlunghealth, bettercleanyourhome, bettervacuums, beyond, bissell, bissellauthorized, bissellservice, bissellvacuums, blog, blogger, blogsforyou, botsforpets, breathebetter, breatheeasy, budgetingapp, buygoodvacuums, canavac, CANISTER VACUUMS, canisters, canistervacuum, CARPET CLEANERS, central vacuum, central vacuum repair, central vacuum service, CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM, centralvacdealer, centralvacinstall, centralvacuum, centralvacuumblog, centralvacuumguide, centralvacuuminstall, centralvacuums, centralvacuumservice, centralvacuumsfairfax, centralvacuumshop, centralvacuumsinfairfax, centralvacuumssytems, centralvacuumsystem, centralvacuumva, charcoalfilters, checkups, clea, clean, CLEAN OBSESSED, cleanair, cleancarpet, cleancarpets, cleanfloors, cleanhome, cleanhomes, cleaning101, cleaningcarpets, cleaningequipment, cleaningforyourhome, cleaninghardwood, cleaningmachine, cleaningmachines, cleaningmahcine, cleaningneed, cleaningneeds, cleaningsolution, cleaningsolutions, cleaningtime, cleaningtips, cleanir, cleanlife, cleanliving, cleanmax, cleanobsessed, cleanrooms, cleantheightway, cleanvacuum, cleanworkspace, cleanyourdyson, cleanyourvacuum, clinicaltrials, commercial, COMMERCIAL VACUUM CLEANER, commercialvacuum, commericalvacuums, cordedvacuums, CORDLESS VACUUMS, cordlessvacuum, crevice, cyclovac, dealwithdustmites, deepclean, deepcleaning, diy, donotvacuum, dosanddonts, doyourresearch, drainvac, dust, dusting, dustmites, dyson, dyson dealer, DYSON DEALER AND WARRANTY CENTER, dyson dealer fairfax, DYSON REPAIRS VIRGINIA, dyson vacuum, DYSON VACUUM CLEANERS AND PARTS, dysonrepair, dysonservice, dysonstickvac, dysonvacuum, dysonvacuums, easycleaning, easypayment, easytouse, electrolux, fair, fairfaxva, fairfaxvacuums, fightallergies, filters, finalcialwelness, floors, floorvacuum, forallergies, forcopd, foryourbusiness, foryourhome, goodhousekeeping, goodsleep, goodsuction, hardwoodflooring, healthinsurance, healthyhome, hellospring, helppay, helpsmallshops, helpwithsleep, hepa, HEPA FILTERS, hepafilteration, hepafilters, hepavacuum, hepavacuums, highqualityvacuums, homeappliance, homecaredealer, homecleaner, HOOVER VACUUM BAGS AND FILTERS, HOOVER VACUUM CLEANER WARRANTY PARTS AND SALES, hose, hospitalgrade, householdvacuums, howtmaintain, howto, howtoblog, howtoclean, howtoemptybin, howtomaintain, howtounclogcentralvacuum, howtousetools, howtovacuum, hugesavings, hygene, ICLEAN VACUUMS, immerbesser, inhousesystem, install, irobot, KENMORE VACUUM PRODUCTS, kirby, kirbyblog, kirbyrepair, kirbyservice, kirbyservicecenter, kirbyshampoo, kirbytips, kirbyvacuum, kirbyvacuums, kirbyvacuumsevice, knowlegde, learnaboutvacuums, lessmess, lesssuction, lifehacks, local miele dealer, LOCAL VACUUM STORES, localblogs, madeinamerica, madeingermany, madeinusa, maintainyourcleaner, mdcentral, miele, miele appliance, MIELE CANISTER VACUUM CLEANER, miele dealer, MIELE VACUUM CLEANER BAGS, MIELE VACUUM REPAIRS AND DEALERS, mieleboost, mielerobot, mielestickvac, mieletriflex, mieleusa, mielevacuu, mielevacuum, mielevacuums, mielevacuumserivce, milerx3scout, neat, nextgenvacuum, nova, nutone, odorfree, officecleaning, owtovacuum #vacuumsinyourhome #vacuumcarpets #vacuumsforcarpets #petvacuum, PET HAIR, petcarpepts, petfriendly, pethair, pets, petvacuum, petvacuums, pickavacuum, portable, portablevacuums, POWR-FLITE VACUUM, powrflite, preventharmfulemissions, prosandcons, prosandconsofvacuuming, proteam, reimbursement, rentalvacuums, residential, residentialvacuums, riccar, RICCAR VACUUM CLEANER BAGS AND FILTERS, RICCAR VACUUMS, riccarblog, riccarusa, riccarvacuums, ROBOTIC VACUUM CLEANERS, roboticvacuum, robots, robotvacuum, sanitaire, savetime, saveyourvacuum, sealedsystem, sebo, SEBO VACUUM CLEANERS, selfcheck, service, SEWING MACHINE, shark, SHARK VACUUM, shoplocal, shoplsmall, shopnowpaylater, shopsmal, shopsmall, shopvacuums, simplesolution, simplicity, SIMPLICITY VACUUM CLEANER, simplicityvacuums, smokemachine, sneezefree, spiffy, springseaon, stickvacuum, stongvacuum, strongsuction, strongvacuum, suction, suctionpower, SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS, supportlocal, supportlocalbusiness, supporyourlocalbusiness, supralite, system, tandemair, tandemairuprightvacuums, tech, tidyhome, tile, tips, tipsandtricks, tipstoremember, titan, tricks, triflex, unlog, upgradeyourvacuum, uprightvacuum, uprightvacuums., usa, vacuflo, vacum, vacumaid, vacupedia, vacuublog, vacuum, VACUUM BRANDS, VACUUM BUYING GUIDE, VACUUM CLEANER BAGS, VACUUM CLEANER BAGS FILTERS AND BELTS, VACUUM CLEANER BELTS, VACUUM CLEANER REPAIRS, VACUUM CLEANER STORES, VACUUM CLEANER STORES IN FAIRFAX VIRGINIA, VACUUM CLEANER TIPS, vacuumaccessories, vacuumadvice, vacuumattachments, vacuumbarefloors, vacuumblog, vacuumblogs, vacuumcleaner, vacuumcleanertips, vacuumcleaning, vacuumcons, vacuumdeals, vacuumdiy, vacuumfacts, vacuumfix, vacuumforyou, vacuumhelp, vacuuminghacks, vacuumingtips, vacuumissues, vacuumlogs, vacuummyths, vacuumparts, vacuumreapairshop, vacuumrepair, vacuumrepairs, vacuums, vacuumsafety, vacuumselection, vacuumserivce, vacuumservice, vacuumsforever, vacuumsforhome, vacuumsforpetowners, vacuumsforyou, vacuumsloution, vacuumsnearme, vacuumspros, vacuumtips, vacuumtitan, vacuumtricks, vacuumtuneup, vacuumtuneups, vacuumtypes, vacuumwiki, vacuumyourhome, valueditems, vascuumattachements, vitginiavacuums, webuitcentralvacuum, whatisacentralvacuum, wholehouse, wildfires, your, yourvacuum
- 23 Mar, 2022